7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
with Lynn Box
Join us for 2 class segments where we will be incorporating a variety of techniques to create an acrylic abstract! There may be some colour theory....but I promise it will not hurt!!
- support structure no smaller than 12"x16" - Canvas board, canvas paper or stretched canvas. (I have some from canvas paper from last time which anyone may use)
- 3 primary colours - Yellow (hansa, aurileion eg), Blue (ultramarine, phathlo), Red (cadmium, aliziron crimson), White and Black - Leave your other colours at home, there are also two blues and a red that AW should use before it dries up.
- Class 2 if you don't want to mix, bring burnt sienna, burnt umber, earth yellow tone.
- GAC 500 - if you do not have some, AW has plenty.
- brushes (the larger the better, smaller for the second class)
- small paint roller (foam or soft)
- pallette knives, scraping tools like old credit card
- Items to impress into paint and make a mark
- Acrylic skins made from primary colours, black and white. If you have or want to peel off your palettes.
- narrow masking tape
- chalk pastel
- piece of string 12" long ( or 2 or 3 if you like)
- any acrylic mediums you currently own
- spray bottle
- rag for spreading paint/mopping up - paper towel
- sketch book
- clothes that can get paint on them.
- any other acrylic painting materials you use.
Due to allergies we request that attendees do not wear perfume or cologne to the workshop. Thanks for helping keep this a safe place to play for all.
Non-member drop-in fee is $10.
Please RVSP Sharron MacBride at firstname.lastname@example.org OR use the below form if you are planning to attend so we can configure the room accordingly