with Lynn Box
Please note that this info applies to both of the following dates:
Thursday, April 28, 2016 and Thursday, May 5, 2016
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
We will be exploring various mediums and techniques used in creating texture with acrylics.
You will need to bring the following supplies:
- Acrylic paints – Keep it simple – 3 colours plus white – the primaries would be a good choice: Hansa yellow, ultramarine blue, alizarin crimson for suggestions
- White ice cream bucket lid – put 1/8” layer of GAC over the inside surface of the lid to dry for later use
- GAC 500 – We will be using a fair amount of this :)
- Any mediums you have
- Chalk, conte, charcoal
- Brushes – one large as you have and one ½” – flats if you have them
- Small house painting roller – approx 1” – can be bought at any paint store
- Tape to tape canvas to table or 18 x 24 board
- Saran wrap
- Tin foil
- Anything else you can use for stamping
- Photocopy or laser printer image - keep it smallish. Ink Jet printers will not work!!
Artists Workshop will supply
- Canvas paper
- Some different mediums
If you do not have any acrylics we have some at the studio. If you are interested in buying some please get the best quality you can afford – golden, Windsor Newton, Daniel smith. Buy the primaries first plus white. Buy hard body paints – you can always thin them!!
Due to severe allergies we request that attendees do no wear perfume or cologne to the workshop. Thanks for helping us keep this a safe place to play for all!
Non-Member drop in fee is $10.
Please RSVP Sharron MacBride at email@example.com OR use the below form if you are planning to attend so we can configure the studio space accordingly.