Thursday February 18, 2016
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Discover the Japanese design concept involving play and placement of light and dark elements! Compose them together to form a unique two dimensional piece of art... but wait there's more...
Bridge the idea of this Japanese Notan into a fun mixed media project that incorporates some texture and colour!
Due to severe allergies we request that attendees do not wear perfume or cologne to the workshop. Thanks for helping us keep this a safe place to play for all!
Materials to bring to class:
- 2 pieces of white cardstock paper 12" X 12"
- 2 pieces of black cardstock paper 6" X 6"
- cutting matt or flat cutting board
- exacto or pen knife, scissors
- Pencil & Eraser
- Paper Towel
- Glue stick
- Paints and a couple brushes (can be acrylic inks, watercolours, liquid acrylic; bright colours with lots of pigment that will dry fast enough)
Note that for paper other sizes will do as long as one is double the size of the other; horizontal or square will work.
Vellum paper will be provided.
Non-Member drop in fee is $10.
Please RSVP Sharron MacBride at firstname.lastname@example.org OR use the below form if you are planning to attend so we can configure the studio space accordingly.