With Jan Thompson
Thursday, November 26, 2015
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
We will be playing with acrylics using palette knives. Jan will demonstrate her method of knife work over background colours to create dramatic scenes.
Check out the sampling of Jan's awesome paintings that she has masterfully created using palette knives.
Please bring the following supplies: (please note that your canvas or substrate has to be prepped prior to class as described in the supply list below)
- Heavy body acrylic paints (please note that fluid acrylics do not work well for this style) - any colours you like .....you only need two or three colours
- Paint shirt to protect your clothing
- Painting knives - any size or shape
- Paper towel or rag to wipe your knives
- Chalk or Conte for drawing
- A plastic or silicone mat to work on (if you have it)
- Pictures to work from...linear subjects work well...buildings, sailboats, city scales, grasses, horizons, etc.
- Canvas, canvas board or birch panel to work on...a smaller size is good for this demo....8 x 10 or 9 x 12... paint or scrape some background colour onto your canvas prior to class so that it will be dry to do your knife work over
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have these supplies, there will be paint, knives and pre painted canvases available for use in the class. Please bring the other items on the list. The class charge will be $2.00 if you need the provided supplies.
Non Members drop in fee is $10.
Please RSVP Sharron MacBride at firstname.lastname@example.org OR use the form below if you are planning on attending so that we can configure the studio space accordingly.