With Sharron MacBride & Christina Watts
Thursday November 19, 2015
7:00pm - 9:00pm
Before you spend a fortune on paints and mediums see how far a limited palette and these texture recipes can take you!
Avoid making mud with your paints as Sharron takes you through some fun colour wheel creations; and then put on your apron as Christina shows you how to make your own texture mediums.
Materials to Bring:
- Watercolours & the things you need to paint with them (brushes, a couple small watercolour papers, board or coroplast to tape the paper too, masking tape. ***note you can try this with acrylics if that's what you have.
- Pencil, eraser, ruler black pen
- Paper towel
- Modge Podge or Elmers Glue
- Liquid Gesso or white acrylic paint
- Baby Powder or Baking Soda
- Kleenex or bathroom tissue
- fine sand or ground pumice or marble dust (there will be a substitute for these at the workshop if you don't have them)
- hot glue gun & glue (there will be some available at the workshop as well)
- Silicon or non-stick mat
- 3 small air tight containers (250ml to 500ml in size
- measuring cups and spoons
- rubber gloves
- your mad scientist brain :o)
Note there may be a $1 or $2 supply fee for this class. Please bring with you, we will mention if it applies at the start of the class.
Non Members drop in fee is $10